Thursday, 22 September 2011

Totoro!

totoros1

These are our Totoros!! Let me introduce them. The big light grey one at the back is the oldest; he belongs to my Mom. The blue one is my little sister's. The medium sized dark grey one is mine. These are their names:

Big grey one -- Oh Totoro
Medium blue one -- Chu (ch-oo) Totoro
Medium dark grey one -- Kage (ka-gay) Totoro (I call my Totoro Kage because it means "shadow" in Japanese)

The story of My Neighbor Totoro is about what happens when two sisters, Satsuki and Mei Kusakabe, move into their new house with their father, Tatsuo. Their mother, Yasuko is ill and has to stay in the hospital. At their new house, Mei discovers the magical world of the forest spirits, the Totoros. "Totoro" is not really their name; it is the name Mei gives them. When she first meets the big grey Totoro and asks him what his name is, he roars, "DO-DO-ROOOAAR!!!". So Mei said his name is "Totoro".

toto bkm

This is my Totoro storybook. It tells the whole Totoro story. The picture on the left is the cover, and the picture on the right is one of the pages in the book. Here you can see Mei following the little white Totoro. Later, the little white Totoro and Chu Totoro try to sneak away while Mei is looking for them under the house. Chu Totoro is carrying a sack of acorns.

The great thing about this book is that it is full of pictures from the movie, so we can stare at all the cute characters as long as we like! In the book, it says that the big Totoro is about 1300 years old and almost 7 feet tall! The medium blue Totoro is about 600 years old. And the little white Totoro is about 100. The next time I will show you a picture of the Cat Bus.

Go see My Neighbor Totoro if you haven't yet! I'm sure you will love it as much as I do! Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to write!