Tuesday, 10 December 2013

Isadora In Beijing - Part 1

Hello everybody!!! It's me, Isadora! How have you been? I hope you are all enjoying your holidays! I know I am! Do you know what I am thinking of? Yes, my trip! I just came back from Beijing, China! It was sooooooooooo much fun -- let me tell you all about it!


When my mommy Rebecca took out my travelling bag, I knew it was time to go. I was so excited! Here I am peeking out of my bag. It fits right around the handle of my mommy's trolley bag, so all she has to do is pull us along.


Here I am sitting with Rebecca's mommy's knapsack. We were having drinks in the lounge while waiting for our flight.


And here I am on the plane! We watched a whole bunch of movies and got served our kid meals before everyone else.


And here I am in our hotel! You can see from the view outside the window that Beijing has lots of open space. It's winter and all the trees were bare. I really loved the weather though -- it was an average 0°C downtown, and it was great to not feel all hot and clammy all the time.


Here I am all dressed up and ready to go down for breakfast. You can see not everyone else was ready though.


During our trip, we did A LOT of walking. Thank goodness the weather was so nice. When we first touched down, we could actually smell the smog right inside the airport, but the next day it all cleared up, thank you God! Here I am standing outside the station underpass. You can see the Beijing Olympic Fuwa behind me. Aren't they cute! Fuwa means good luck dolls. Beibei is the Fish, Jingjing is the Panda, Huanhuan is the Olympic Flame, Yingying is the Tibetan Antelope and Nini is the Swallow. When you put their names together -- Bei Jing Huan Ying Ni -- they say "Welcome to Beijing"!


Here I am outside Yonghe Lamasery, or the Lama Temple. This is a monastery for monks of Tibetan Buddhism. There were lots of people inside praying and burning incense sticks. You weren't allowed to take pictures in most of the areas. One Buddha statue we saw was absolutely enormous. It was carved from a single piece of white sandalwood and is in the Guinness Book of Records.


The next day we went to the National Museum of China. The place is really really huge. Chinese history is really long, so there were lots of things from the time before Christ and even prehistoric times. Here I am with some terracotta people from 202 BC.


Mommy took this picture of this smiling guy.


These are a silver holder and sticks from a drinking game called jiuling. The player who can't respond to a riddle or poem must drink as punishment.


There's mommy looking at an iron plaque from 897 AD (well, right then she was looking at Roro). The plaque was given to Qian Lu, a military governor, by Tang Emperor Zhaozong to certify his exemption from the death penalty. I think that was a good thing to have.


Here I am in the museum gift shop. Those gigantic paintings on the wall were really fantastic.


This is the Beijing Tourist Information office. It looked really cool outside, so we went in. But there was nothing inside except a bunch of brochures and a few really bored looking staff. That was a bit sad.


I know when you visit a different country you really should try that country's cuisine. But we were so tired and hungry from all the walking that we popped into McDonalds'. Well, I guess I don't have to tell you it tasted exactly the same! But the Happy Meal box was different. It says "Learn English together!", but you could also learn Chinese from it.


On the way home, we walked through this big street called Wangfujing. It's a shopping area that's 700 years old! There was even H&M there, but of course, that's not 700 years old.


Here I am looking at one of my favourite treats. But my mommy said "No" because her mommy said "No".

OK! That's all for today! I'll share more of my pictures with you another time. Have a super day! See you again soon!!

8 comments:

  1. very cute!
    http://c0yoteugly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this summary of your visit in Beijing! The sentence about the Milk Tea was too precious ♥ Isadora is adorable and I love her winter coat and hat! Is she a Takara Neo Blythe doll? I have heard of them but don't own one. But I do love looking at picture of them! There is quite a fanbase here in the USA for these dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your mommy Rebecca are so lucky to get to go on such a fun adventure to Beijing! Thanks for sharing your nice photos with us! Bubble tea is one of my favorite treats too ^_^

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun! I loved all the pictures! Isadora you had a great time! China is beautiful and full of history!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mommy Rebecca is so cute Isadora - you are such a lucky dolly! Wow, I would love to visit China. It's a really fascinating country and like you said, has such a long history!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the cutest thing! Isadora is quite the little traveler. Looks like she's got a bit of wanderlust in her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isadora you are so lucky to have traveled and visited Beijing! I loved all the pictures, you are too cute just like your mom Becky and your Aunt Roro and shall I say your grandma?? Thanks for the tour :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to write!