Monday, 16 September 2013

Staycation Fun!

Do you know why I am doing the dance of joy here? Yes! It's because we went to our other home for a hotel staycation!! It felt like ages since we had been on a little holiday. Again my Mom didn't tell us anything about it till the lastest minute, and we were so excited!

Of course, we did lots of fun things! Even crafting is so much more fun in a hotel room! Here you can see Roro and me on the floor doing our drawings and eating McDonald fries and nuggets at the same time!

This is the velvet poster I was working on. It was so fun colouring the posters, and I like feeling the poster's soft velvet patterns. 

We went out a lot since we were right downtown. Usually we don't go because Mom says it's too crazily demented with psycho weirdos. Here we are at one of our favourite toy stores (although one of the things we bought there didn't work). The display behind us is actually moving -- there are adorable Steiff bears popping in and out of those boxes. And behind me is a giant Steiff bear -- I wonder how much he is!

See? Here is one of the sweet little bears coming out of his box.

Another favourite of mine is this little macaron shop called Laduree. Laduree is a French luxury bakery and they make really delicious macarons (though I don't think they are so much better than some other places which are cheaper). They have about 16 different flavours and the colours are really pretty, but my favourite is the vanilla one, which is a plain cream colour. I like vanilla anything really!

Here I am taking a picture of Pendleton Mouse in a jewelry store. Pendleton Mouse is actually a puppet, so you can actually turn his head from inside him as if he's really looking or listening! I took a whole bunch of photos of Pendleton in the different places we went to on our staycation.

This is a Japanese fish-shaped cake called taiyaki. Mommy was so happy to find a shop selling these since she hadn't had one since she was little. You can watch the lady making them -- the fish moulds are so cute! Mommy got us some to try and we really enjoyed it! Mine was a brown chocolate one.

Here we are heading HOME after a fun day out!

I did a lot of swimming of course! Swimming is a must-do on my hotel staycation list. I had to wait to swim every day in the evening because Mommy says it's too hot to swim in the afternoon. Night swimming was lots of fun too!

We also spent a lot of time just lying around watching FashionTV. Here I am lounging on my comfy Panda pillow pet. Do you know you can fold him together and he becomes a toy? That's what Pillow Pets are. The whole time there we kept singing the Pillow Pets song: "It's a pillow, it's a pet -- it's a Pillow Pet (dum dum)!"

When the weather was fine, we went out to play in the fountain! All we had to do afterward was wrap up in the nice big hotel towels and walk barefoot back to our room. Then we take nice luxurious bubble baths and relax some more!

It's so fun crawling through the watery "bridges". I love playing with water!

Well you know of course that staycation breakfasts are the best! Here I am on one of the mornings with bacon and sausages and hash browns and scrambled eggs and hot chocolate! I also always add orange juice, watermelon and plain yogurt for dessert .

This is Roro's breakfast plate. She likes Mommy to make smiley faces for her.

Finally it was time to go :(

It was too short, but Mommy says we will be back!!! Yes, we will return!!!

See you again soon!!!! More pictures here.

10 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic little vacation! I love hotel rooms and my kid too! I am curious about your poster. What exactly is the brand name? I would love to own one! We have turtle pillow pets! My boy loves turtles so we got him two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet times for all of you! I'm so glad all is well and everyone is happy! Xo's

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was just what you needed to fill your cup! You have a wonderful little family, but then I think I always tell you that! Xo's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos Becky! Thanks for sharing your fun staycation with us! Just getting out of the house for a short while can a be real treat sometimes. I'm a fan of Laduree macarons and taiyaki as well :)

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  5. "...too crazily demented with psycho weirdos..." hahahha...this is why I adore your mom!

    Looks like such a great time. Staycations can be the best. I love all your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your dance of joy! Your mommy is right this world is full of crazy psychos I tell that to my kids every time. My daughter has the unicorn pillow pet. Hurray for staycations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun staycation! Thanks for sharing all the photos! Loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Ms. Amazing Days! Your staycation looked like so much fun! I love going up to a hotel in the mountains to relax and have fun. My hotel is an hour's drive from my home, but it's a staycation to me. The picture of you and Roro wrapped up in your hotel's towels was so cute (It was on your Mom's post). Loved your dance of joy! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an enjoyable staycation!!! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. home... away. Yet not that away from home. Hehe. Nice. I love staycation too as it means, I do not need to wake up early to walk down to get breakfast for the sleepy heads. I also want to wake up late and then have breakfast waiting for me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to write!