Monday, 9 January 2012

More Holiday Fun!

trees

So today I decided to share with you some of the things I did toward the end of my Christmas holidays. First, as you can see, I helped put up the tree! This is my favourite part too. I love giving and getting Christmas presents, attending parties and changing the pattern of the Christmas lights!

sylv mag1

Then there was this very exciting thing for me in the latest Sylvanian Families Collectors Club magazine! You may know I am a collector of the Sylvanian Families, which I have talked about in some of my earlier posts, the Sylvanian Chronicles

The Sylvanian Families Collectors Club sends members its club magazine four times a year. The magazines are really cute. They are full of Sylvanian stories, projects and contests. There is a section where they pick pictures of their members' collections. So we sent this photo of me, my sister and of course, our Sylvanians! When the next issue came out, my picture was there! I was so excited -- most of the members are from the UK, so I felt very happy to be included.

As you can see, the picture was from some time ago, so you can see that quite a few things were not there yet, like the school's second storey, or my sister's collection.

sylv mag2

This is the cover of the magazine.

cookies

During the holidays, I also learnt to bake cookies with my Mom! It was lots of fun. My favourite part was rolling the dough into the cookie shapes. Here you can see me putting the unbaked cookies into the fridge to chill and harden a bit. The cookies here are called "thumbprint cookies" because you make that hole in the middle with your thumb. Halfway through the baking, my Mom spoons jam into each of the centres.

The other cookies my Mom taught me to make were round ones covered with colourful sugar sprinkles called nonpareils. They tasted awesome right out of the oven! And if you are in my class at school, you might have tasted one yourself! There are still a few left, so let me know if you want more!

See you super-soon!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a great holiday! How wonderful to see you in the Sylvanian magazine. That must have been really exciting, and you and your sister look so cute :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to write!