Monday, 4 March 2013

Staycation!

Hi everybody!! How have you been? Today I thought I would share with you some pictures from my little holiday over the weekend! My Mom calls it a "staycation", which means a vacation you spend in your home country.

We stayed at our favourite hotel. They are always so nice to us there! Here you can see us having orange juice because our room wasn't ready yet.

My little sister and I love staycations because we get to do all sorts of fun things that we don't do at home. Like lounging about all day doing art and crafts and watching TV at the same time!

The hotel bathroom is so nice and big. They give us lots of huge towels and awesome-smelling shampoos and soaps. Here I am after one of my baths. I am wearing my abominable snowman pajamas.

We had bubble baths every day. My sister and I love playing "restaurant" in the tub. We serve each other food and drinks that we make out of bubbles!

Of course, I got to do a lot of swimming, which I love!

And I went into the jacuzzi too!

This was a crow who came to look at us at the pool every day. Sometimes he -- or maybe she -- drank water from the pool. I don't know if that was good for him. My Mom said he almost pooped on her. One way you can tell a crow from a raven is that a crow doesn't have a tuft of hair on its bill. So this is a crow.

We got to eat tons of yummy food too! Here I am having breakfast -- sausages and bacon and scrambled eggs, plus hot chocolate, juice and fruit -- yum!!

We ate out too, which is always fun. Here I am having biscotti with my hot chocolate while waiting for my cheesy baked rice.

We went shopping, and also played games at the mall. Here, my sister and I are playing the "jumping squares" game. We jump on the big tiles according to the numbers and directions my Mom calls out. The winner is the one who reaches her first.

That day I brought Monkey with me. He looks a little concerned because he doesn't get out much.

We also went to the arcade, where I played my favourite drumming game about five times! If you play well, you get coupons that you can exchange for gifts.

One really exciting thing that happened was the lion dance right in the hotel! I'd never been so close to one before.

The lions were really cute and did lots of cool things. They threw lots of oranges and vegetables at us. I caught one orange that they had thrown, and put my hand in one lion's mouth to get another! Here, you can see the lettuce that they had just spat out at everybody. The lettuce had been hung up really high and they had to do acrobatics to get it down. The Chinese word for "vegetables" sounds like the word for "fortune". In this picture, they are doing things in their tummies with a whole tray of oranges.

When they got up, we saw that they had peeled all the oranges and made all kinds of Chinese idioms with them. This one is "feng sheng shui qi".

The time came for us to say goodbye to our beloved hotel room. Here I am hugging the bed. I'm really glad we could have such a nice little break like that. It's good to rest and relax sometimes don't you think! I'm already planning my next staycation haha! See you soon!

3 comments:

  1. You and your sister are darling! And your staycation looks like it was both fun and yummy! You're so lucky to get to see a lion dance up close like that :)

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, looks like you both had an awesome time! It's been ages since I had a vacation -- I'm envying you! You look like a great swimmer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow u can swim under water! i can't do that, well to begin with i don't even swim well, so just being able to move at all makes me happy. i sure wish i could swim under water, ive always envied people who can do that! like a fish ... or mermaid! enjoy yr blog too, u write so well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to write!